The butterfly chair was designed in 1938 by Jorge Ferrari-Hardoy, Antonio Bonet and Juan Kurchan. The butterfly chair is also known as the Hardoy lounge chair and consists of a solid steel rod frame with a canvas or leather sling cover.
The butterfly chair was popular indoor and outdoor lounge seating in the 1950s and is famously used on the balcony of Australia's first modernist house Rose Seidler house in Sydney's Wahroonga.
Historic houses trust uses new covers on their vintage frames supplied by 506070. The chairs supplied by 506070 are of solid steel rod, galvanised and powder-coated white or black entirely produced in Australia.
See: Butterfly Chair Covers